Etsy is testing new ways to inform shoppers of what’s popular and unique on Etsy. Here's some insight into what Etsy is testing, and new features you may notice:
Etsy is currently testing:
- The functionality of 'favouriting' and adding items to a list from the search and listing pages. "We’re testing favouriting and adding items to a list from the search and listing pages to help Etsy shoppers keep track of items they’re interested in while browsing or searching." They are testing this to "understand how shoppers interact with favouriting and creating lists while browsing or searching."
- Different ways to highlight a shop’s sale when buyers are shopping on Etsy. "We’re testing different ways to highlight a shop’s sale when buyers are shopping on Etsy to help give information most relevant to their needs. For example, letting buyers know when a shop’s sale is ending." Their goal is to "understand how to better communicate sales and how different approaches may affect a buyer’s purchase."
- A limited-time offer to potential new buyers. "We're testing special offers to new buyers on Etsy. For example, a limited-time credit for their return purchase when they spend a designated amount on their first." The goal here is to "incentivise new buyers in making their first purchase as well as coming back again to Etsy for a return purchase."
Etsy notes that:
- "Not all buyers who visit your shop will see what we’re testing. This is because Etsy often displays experiments to a small percentage of buyers."
- "We recommend not making changes in your shop in response to a test. The experiment you’re seeing might not result in a permanent change."
See my blog posts about Etsy seo for tips on optimising your shop and listings:
- 5 tips for optimising your Etsy shop - from a former admin
Keep an eye on the forums (and my social media posts) for updates! What are your thoughts on the tests? How do you think they might impact your shop?